CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Monday 6 February 2012

Fantastic DX worked today !!!

FW0NAR DXpedition to Wallis Island (OC-054) by Laci (HA0NAR) and his wife Susanne logged on 30mCW! YES! 
 Every night I was looking at World Map in my house where Wallis Island is located and I was thinking how to work Laci ... Few days ago I`ve SWL his signal on 30m but QRM on the freq from DIGI Modes were very strong to copy his signal 100%. Today he was operating on the same frequency on 30m. 10.102 Mhz CW of course. For some people 6m is a "Magic Band". For me "Magic Band" is 30m no doubt! 17:50 local time ... 12 hours difference it means he had Tuesday morning in there on Wallis! 
Here is Laci from FW0NAR and this is his antenna
I am delighted! Fantastic Brand NEW ONE! Today is 1`st day when EI stations appeared in his log! In Ireland his location is very difficult for QSO. On his blog Laci said about poor condition with West Europe.... It is true. Another fine Hungarian DX-Pedition is QRV from Pacyfic ... C21HA from Nauru and to be honest no SWL at all. Nothing on all bands! Only 2 EI stations in their log ... congratulations! And for final video how strong FW0NAR was tonight on 30m in EI. Opening for about 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Well done of FW0 Ark, he was on 30 again this evening I have to leave for work at 18z but waiting until 18.30 in the hope he would get loud enough to call but he never did,

    I can't get over how quiet your noise floor is on 30m, I am in the countryside but struggle on 80,40 & 30 to hear the really weak ones, and with both key clicks from strong EU stn's and the electric fence in the field next to me I have to run the NB and it kills the front end in my Pro2

    I'm still hopfull of a QSO with them as there is still some time left,

    No copy on C21 here either. But thankfully I got C21UF last year on 20m

    Enjoy the DX

    73
    Trevor
    EI2GLB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trevor. Thank you.
      Last night I was on his frequency as well on 30m in the evening and signal was much smaller than night before when I had QSO. I`m using just dipole antenna 160-10m and sometimes it is hard as well.
      Good Luck with Wallis. Unique DX.
      Vy 73!
      Ark EI9KC

      Delete